Pence, who leads the White House’s coronavirus task force, praised the speed with which the medication has been developed with this post:
Many critics called Pence out for exaggerating the time it typically takes to research and manufacture vaccines. Others accused President Donald Trump’s administration of trying to take all the credit for its development.
The fiercest rebukes, however, came for Pence’s suggestion of divine intervention.
“A miracle is something that cannot be explained by natural or scientific laws,” wrote one. “This vaccine was developed via hard work, intelligence, science, and perseverance. There was no magic involved.”
Added another: “It’s actually science, not a miracle.”
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- How long does it take for the coronavirus vaccine to work?
- Which masks will actually keep your face warm this winter?
- Can you close your COVID “bubble” without losing friends forever?
- How will spending the holidays in quarantine affect our mental health?
- What happens to all those face masks and gloves we’re tossing in the trash?
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)